Monday, November 29, 2010

Now is the rest of my life


My second name ‘Benevento’ (something like "good wind") and the fact that I love cycling gave name to this blog.
Spent most  of my life settled nowhere. My father’s job obliged us for many years to live in so many different places…so, it was difficult to make friends  and then keep them… Brazil, Argentina, Sweden, Saudi Arabia… 

When I got old enough I met the one I felt was the love of my life in the Netherlands where I spent a few years…. Maybe the happiest years  of my life. Good house, good job… cycling everywhere. Playing my flute… But I lost both: my partner and my job… Been for four months at my parents house in Milano. Mamma feels so happy her youngest son is back for no matter how long. Having a handyman for this old house must be great to her.

I feel like leaving,  I feel I should stay. Papà is really old now. But apart from riding away as far as the lane takes me, I find I do not belong here any more. In fact I never did. Never had the time to. But, at the same time I know they need me and leaving them, to go abroad again makes me feel kind of guilty…
Am I getting old too? Am I foreseeing my own old age and realize I would not like to be left behind and alone either?
After all, nothing, nowhere is calling out for me…
Ok, while I take the final decision I’ve decided to start this blog, thank a friend  who suggested this could help… Hope it does!
Want to ride with me? Get on and let be ridden and blown with this blog-wind…

C.